Functional Beauty With Custom Roller Shades
Alva's curated selection of European fabrics with varying opacity levels ensures your window roller shades filter in the right amount of light. You can create a slight shadow or achieve the full room darkening with blackout roll up shades.
Apart from variable light control, roller window shades also insulate rooms against heat and protect furnishings from damaging impact of UV rays. Thanks to such a solution, you will be able to preserve the freshness of your interior design for much longer. The colors won't fade and wear off. Moreover, roll up shades absorb sound, improving acoustics in a room. Install them to enjoy a peaceful time even in a big noisy city.
Custom roller shades aren't only ideal from a practical standpoint - they also offer great flexibility in terms of design. Some of them look like woven wood, whereas others resemble the texture of bamboo. To achieve such effects, Alva uses top quality fabrics and unique natural patterns. Don't know which roll up shades to choose? Customize roller shades style on our website to check how they will look on your windows.
Styles Of Window Roller Shades
Although roller shades don't offer extensive customization options, there are still many parameters to tailor. The style of roller shades is one of them. When it comes to style your choice highly depends on the level of light control, blackout, and privacy.
- Light Filtering Roller Shades. A clean, contemporary look to reduce glare and maintain privacy. Such window roller shades are an excellent option for any room to filter natural light and harmful UV rays.
- Natural Roller Shades. Inspire a slower pace of living with our eco-friendly, low-impact weaves. Natural roll up shades will bring comfort and coziness to your interior.
- Blackout Roller Shades. Eliminate glare and create a haven of calm with a sense of understated luxury. With blackout roll up shades, your room turns into a peaceful, relaxing place in a matter of seconds.
Before choosing the style of roller shades, you need to consider several factors. First of all, think about a room where you want to mount roll up shades and their functionality. Blackout roller shades may be suitable in a bedroom, whereas designs with mild light filtering are more appropriate in other rooms.
What Are The Advantages Of Custom Roller Shades?
Window roller shades are a perfectly-balanced combination of a sleek modern design and functionality. Roll up shades won't take a lot of time to maintain and will seamlessly protect your home from unwanted light. With high-quality roller shades, you enjoy better control over your living conditions and the way you feel. Besides, you get a range of other benefits:
- Low price. It doesn't take a lot of fabric to design custom roller shades for your windows. Of course, you will pay more for patio blackout shades due to their size, but generally, roller window shades are the most cost-effective option. Besides, Alva offers a broad variety of fabrics and control types to match any budget and preferences.
- Roll up shades keep heat out. You cannot change the location of your windows but you can install roller shades to avoid excessive sunlight. As a result, you will cut your electricity bills in summer and feel more comfortable on hot days.
- Simplicity. Thanks to their minimalist design, window roller shades go well with any furniture and decor. Windows look neat and don't distract attention from other details in a room.
- Ease-of-use. You won't have any problems with the control mechanisms of roller shades. They are durable, reliable, and very convenient. Also, roller shades don't gather dust and are super easy to clean.
- Flexible design. Roller shades can have various sizes, textures, materials, mount mechanisms, and more. Choose among the available options to design the perfect match for your room.
- Quick installation. If you want to install roll up shades on your own, just find 10 minutes, take 4 screws and 2 fixture brackets, and get to work. No special tools or skills required. Professionals can do this even faster.
These and other advantages make roller shades one of the most popular solutions for private houses, apartments, and offices. It's a universal solution for anyone who recognizes the importance of comfort in everyday life.
Types Of Fabrics
Roll up window shades are usually manufactured from polyester, paper, recycled PET, Trevira or the combination of these fabrics. Since Alva has always been committed to quality, the materials we use are durable and easy to clean. We are sure that custom roll up shades look great on any window and offer many variations of fabric to match your design. Some of them repeat the natural textures of bamboo and wheat straw. Other roll up shades materials enchant with their plain simplicity. Fabrics also range in terms of light control and blackout level.
For light filtering window shades, we use a Trevira/Polyester mix, 100% polyester, and 100% recycled PET. Alva's natural roller shades are based on a Paper/Polyester mix that allows achieving better durability and customized look. Our blackout roll up shades are 100% polyester to offer the full protection from light the highest blackout level.
Once you have chosen the style, fabrics, and the blackout level, it's high time to think about roll up shades control. A continuous loop is the most commonly used mechanism for window roller shades. Yet, global automation tendencies also contribute to the growing popularity of motorized roll up shades.
- Continuous Loop. Our continuous-loop lift roller shades are great for larger shades that are frequently raised and lowered. This option offers a fixed-length cord and a tensioning device attached to the window frame or floor - creating a neat, seamless look.
- Outside/Inside Mount. Outside mounts are usually installed on the trim and provide excellent light control. Therefore, such a mount type is often recommended for blackout shades. Inside roller shades are considered a more traditional and visually appealing option.
- Motorized Control. Alva's motorized roller shades are battery-powered, so they're incredibly easy to install, operate and maintain. The battery pack only needs to be charged approx. once a year, and is hidden behind the headrail so there's nothing to mar the beauty of your window treatments.
Apart from control types, on our website, you can customize finish, roll type, and bottom bar of roll up shades. Alma is always committed to maximum flexibility and versatility.
How Much Do Window Roller Shades Cost?
An approximate cost of roller shades will range depending on your window size, fabrics, control type, and other relevant parameters. Alva has something to offer for any budget. Generally, our pricing starts from $188 for light filtering and blackout roller shades. Custom natural roll up shades will cost you no less than $238. Contact us or use the Customized Style function to estimate the final price of the selected design.