Solar Window Shades
Prevent damaging UV rays from entering your home while still preserving your view with energy-saving solar shades and sun shades. Our solar window shades are designed to block glare and to reduce heat entering your home. This makes such roller shades a perfect choice for media rooms and coastal homes.
For excellent UV protection while maintaining your view of the outdoors, available in varying levels of openness.
Inspired by architecture and art, our new Designer Solar Shades house the high-end design you’re dreaming of.
Solar Shades For Blocking UV Rays and Maintaining Your View
Although most people love sunbathing and sunny weather, everything changes when it comes to your home. Sun can be devastating to your interior design, furniture, and decor. UV rays have a powerful damaging effect on wood and fabric, causing darkening or permanent discoloration. Because of constant sun exposure, a closet you bought two years ago may already look dull and weary today. Solar window shades with heat blocking functionality can remedy this situation. Thanks to special fabrics, such window roller shades absorb the major portion of sun rays and reduce glare.
Besides, roller solar shades are an excellent option to preserve a nice view from your window. These window shades are easy to regulate so you can achieve the necessary openness depending on the position of the sun and your preferences. In addition to that, roller solar shades are designed with different levels of transparency. You can achieve moderate sunlight blocking with transparent or translucent fabrics or get 99% blackout with full light blocking. Heat blocking roller shades are available with a continuous loop or a motorized mechanism for remote control.
Styles Of Solar Window ShadesSolar roller shades are pure simplicity with advanced sun blocking and UV rays filtering. Their style reflects their primary function - protection from solar heat. If you want to customize the look of solar roller shades, you can experiment with fabrics and patterns. Alva offers two collections to heat blocking roller shades:
- Basic Solar Shades These UV blocking roller shades are available in all popular colors, including white, white linen, linen, brown chocolate, or white pearl. Such blackout solar shades look great on any window and block from 90 to 95% of UV rays. Heat blocking roller shades will also match any indoor design thanks to the natural look and basic fabric patterns.
- Designer Solar Shades Alva's designer heat blocking roller shades is a special collection created for customers that value uniqueness. They bring exquisiteness to any interior with the same level of heat filtering as basic solar shades. You can select symmetric honeycombs or opt for elegant scrolls available in a classic color palette.
To understand which style of UV blocking solar shades is the best option for filtering solar heat at your place, use our Customize Style functionality. This tool allows you to see how different fabrics and patterns look on a window, pick continuous loop or motorized roller shades, and add accessories.
Note that the basic collection of sun filtering roller shades is usually recommended for offices and other official settings. On the other hand, designer roller shades may become an excellent option for residential areas.
Traditional and Motorized Control Types
Heat blocking roller shades are available with two control types: continuous loop and motorized. Your choice should depend on your preferences, financial capacities, and the location of the window. For example, in some cases, windows are so hard to reach that electric, motorized solar shades are the only option. Here are some main characteristics of continuous loop and motorized control types:
- Continuous loop. Such heat blocking roller shades are operated with a pulley and an endless cord attached to it. This control type is a budget choice that is usually manufactured from polyester or other inexpensive materials.
- Motorized control. Electric roller shades are the top choice for tech-savvy customers who like to use technological advances in interior designs. They are also child and pet safe it if matters for you. Motorized solar shades are powered by batteries and are supplied with a remote that has up to five channels. Just imagine: You can lower heat blocking shades in the morning without getting out of your bed. Isn't that great?
- Outside/Inside Mount. You can choose to install continuous loop or motorized solar shades within your window frame or outside it.
Both continuous loop and motorized heat blocking solar shades provide the same level of blackout and privacy. In case you aren't sure which control type to order, don't hesitate to consult with Alva's professionals.
What Are The Advantages Of Solar Window Shades?
Sun filtering roller shades can rescue you from the everyday heat of a hot climate or blazing summer days. They bring comfort to your home and give better control over privacy. Especially, if you order motorized sun shades that can be opened and lowered remotely from anywhere in the room. Here are some other benefits of traditional and motorized solar window shades:
- Sun blocking and filtering. Heat protection solar shades gently filter and diffuse light to create just the right ambience, block UV rays, and reduce room temperatures.
- Variety of electric solar shades designs. Heat blocking sun shades come in a wide range of styles and openness levels - the higher the openness factor and the darker the fabric, the clearer your view.
- Best heat protection for large windows. Most fabrics are available in wide widths, making them an effective solution for covering large windows.
- Electric, motorized control type. You can install motorized sun shades to enhance your home's privacy and safety at the touch of a button - even remotely!
- Ultimate durability in indoor spaces. Sun blocking shades are durable and widely used by commercial entities such as restaurants, office buildings, and retail chains. Even motorized sun shades installed in public spaces and continuously used by many people won't fail you.
These are just some of the strengths of traditional and motorized solar window shades. Among other things, indoor sun shades can also ensure better privacy, reduce electricity bills, and decorate your room. You will definitely find more benefits once you install such roller shades in your home, office, or any other room.
Types Of Fabrics
The fabrics used for both basic and designer solar shades have one common characteristic - 90% or higher blackout. Effective protection from sun exposure is in the essence of any heat blocking solar shades. Generally, Alva's basic collection is made of the combination of 35% fiberglass and 65% vinyl. This allows us to provide quality heat protection at bargain prices. The designer solar shades are manufactured from PVC and polyester in variable proportions. These types of fabrics have proven to be the best materials for blocking UV rays, reducing glare and heat.
How Much Do Solar Window Shades Cost?
As always, the final price depends on the selected measurements, fabric, accessories, and control type. Basic solar shades start from $163, whereas for designer sun shades you should get ready to spend at least $199. In fact, the thing that can increase the total price the most is the motorized control type. Motorized solar shades cost $525 more than simple continuous loop shades.
To estimate how much your heat blocking shades will cost, use customization functionality at Alva's website. It automatically calculates the final price based on your settings.